A short drive south of Belfast down is the Rostrevor Mountain Bike Trail centre. It is located on the shores of Carlingford Lough and is a stones throw from the Chain Reaction Cycles head office and flag ship store in Northern Ireland. The trails are sponsored by Chain Reaction Cycles and offers some of the most challenging mountain biking in the UK.
- Red trail. 27km of awesome mountain biking and breath taking views over the Irish Sea.
- Black graded trail. Follows the red trail to the summit of Slievemartin and then branches off for 19km of technical single track riding. Not for the faint hearted
- Mega Mission. A 1.8km section of lightening quick downhill riding. Includes plenty of opportunities to get some airtime.
- On The Pulse. A shorter downhill section than Mega Mission. Technical downhill riding through bolder fields with drop offs and gap jumps.
Facilities at Rostrevor
- Uplift service (Costs around £5 for ride up or £15 for half a day pass). It also only operates on weekends and bank holidays
- Bike hire. You can hire hardtail MTB bikes as well as Full Suspension. Bike hire is open 7 days a week.
- Bike wash
Your efforts at Rostrevor MTB trails will be rewarded with incredible coastal views and exhilarating singletrack descents. With a mouth watering 27km red trail and a hair raising 19km black trail Rostrevor is believed by many to be the top spot for mountain biking in Ireland. When you add not just one but two purpose-built downhill trails to the mix, there’s no denying it… Rostrevor is a mountain bikers’ heaven!